Start of something new

First off, I want to apologize for the delayed blog post. A lot has been happening and changing in my life. Not to mention, I'm less than a week away from finals and haven't even started studying yet. 

So if you don't hear from me on Tuesday, it's because I drowned myself in my ten billion pounds of notes and exam prep. 

ANYWAYS, like I said before, a lot has been changing in my life. 2015 has brought me many great things already and we are only a little over 2 weeks into the new year. I could definitely get used to this. And it all started with one woman.

Brittany. Dawn. Aka, the most inspirational, strongest, caring, and determined woman I have ever encountered. 

I have always awed over her Instagram, forever wishing that I could be a part of #TeamBrittanyDawn, envying her proyo bowls with mounds of peanut butter, Oreos, cereals, candy, chocolate, ect; wondering how the heck she stays like a lean bean while eating all of that!

I mean, do I even have to explain the picture above to you? Who wouldn't want to stay lean while chowing down of bowls of heaven? Weirdos obviously.

I'll admit, I was at a low point this past December. My confidence was in the toilet, my gym sessions felt like a job, my strength was at a plateau, my food was the same boring thing every single day, and overall...I was just very depressed. I decided enough was enough. I was tired of eating the exact same things, doing the exact same exercises, and most of all, I was tired of feeling crappy about myself. So what did I do? I emailed Brittany, asking her if she thought she could help me. Well that answer was of course, so I decided to go through and hire her as my 90 day macro-nutrient and personal trainer. 

Brittany introduced me to a concept called, "IIFYM" or "if it fits your macros". Basically, this means that you can eat whatever you want, as long as it fits your daily macro-nutrient split of fat, carbohydrates, and protein. You don't even have to count calories because if your macro-nutrients are in check, your calories automatically add up!

Did this scare me? More than anything. I usually eat clean foods ONLY. I was all like, "what do you mean I can eat Oreos, cheesy popcorn, and still lean out?! "

IIFYM doesn't mean that you should eat crap all day long even if it does fit your macro split. 80% of the day is nourishing, healthy, balanced meals. The other 20% is treats. I think both taste equally amazing. I love the taste of "bro foods", and when you don't have treats all day, it makes that 20% that much more enjoyable. 

I'm currently on day 5 of Brittany's plan and LOOOOVVVVVIINNNNNN' IT! Her workouts are killer, I'm sore as h-e-double hockey sticks, and my food variety is widening. 

 

image.jpg

Um yeah, oreos are definitely a food group. 

image.jpg
image.jpg

YES THAT IS BUTTER (Friggin' Blue Bonnet y'all) ON THAT BANANA BREAD ENGLISH MUFFIN WITH HUGE GOBS OF MELTY PEANUT BUTTER. AND AN OREO. AND SUGAR COOKIE TOAST CRUNCH (and my grammar gets really awful when I get really excited so my apologies).

I am so grateful I went through with Brittany Dawn. She is always there for me, and I love her already. Not only is she opening my eyes and changing my mindset, she is helping me prepare for my first ever...

BIKINI COMPETITION ON MAY 2ND! I have always wanted to stand on that stage and show what I work so hard for. I do not care what anyone thinks of me. Do you know how much dedication it takes? This is not a phase, a diet, or anything temporary. This is a lifestyle. My lifestyle. Learn it. Live it. Love it. With that being said, I plan on entering the 2015 WNBF/INBF Pro-Am Central USA Natural Bodybuilding, Physique, Fit Body, Figure & Bikini Championships. It just so happens to fall on the same day as my prom.

Darn, I'll just have to wear a bedazzled competition suit and strut my schtuff on stage instead. ;)

I'm going to try really hard to post more now that I have my writing spark back. Not to mention, food porn to show you all. 

One last thing....

#TeamBrittanyDawn