I have taken my love for peanut butter to an entirely new level.
I think I must elope.
The kind of peanut butter that fills the cracks of the heart completely is homemade. (Not hating on my other peanut butter boyfriend(s), but this new love deserves it's completely own league!)
Wait, homemade? Isn't that like, super impossible to do without all these crazy ingredients?
Ohhhh no. As long as you have a food processor, 5 minutes, peanuts, and some serious self control, you can make it in the comfort of your kitchen!
Calling all peanut butter lovers: Prepare yourself for a mind-blowing, foodgasmic, absolutely positively AH-mazing recipe that's as easy as (peanut butter) pie!
The only ingredient? A 16 oz jar of bag of peanuts (You can use plain, unsalted, salted, or any flavor of peanuts!)
Add the 16 oz of peanuts to the canister of your food processor. Dat's right, just the peanuts. No salt (even though you could if you wanted to), oil, sugar, or anything. Nuttin' but nuts! (See what I did there? That was punny!)
Peanuts are like a caterpillar. They are cute pre-blossoming stage, and beautiful when it transforms (peanut butter style).
Turn that baby on full power and watch it gooooo!
Say it with me now. Weeeeeee!!
Stage one of the beautiful transformation. It almost looks like brown sugar! But better.
Now we're getting somewhere! Commence operation what looks like a peanutty pile of poop. A glorious pile of poop, I might add.
Good God. I just want to lick my screen right now, and I know you're using all your will power not to salivate over this.
I couldn't resist. How can one NOT zoom into this?! And yes, it's okay to start drooling now.
And now, your peanutty paste has taken it's true shape. Creamy, honey-infused, makes you want to face plant into peanut butter.
I poured mine ever so carefully into a mason jar, and of course added a cute little label! You can bet your booty that I scraped (maybe licked) that food processor canister clean.
MINE. ALL MINE. (You don't have to tell me that my spoon is pretty friggin' amazebawls, I know.)
I don't know if I will ever go back to store bought peanut butter after making this. It's cheap, preservative-free, all natural, and WAY better than anything in the stores!
Spread it on toast, bagels, fruit, eat it from the jar, or whatever your heart desires!
So what are you waiting for?! Take my word, from the peanut butter queen, that this is life changing.
Homemade Peanut Butter
Yield: 12 oz of peanut butter
Total time: Under 5 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- One 16 oz bag/jar/ect of peanuts (any kind! I used honey roasted for this batch)
- Food processor (my new best friend)
- Mason jar or sealed container
- Add the peanuts to the canister of a food processor and process on full blast until creamy and smooooooth like buttah for about 5 minutes. (You may need to stop periodically and scrape the sides of the canister if needed)
- The peanuts go through various stages, so don't think it's "not working" when you don't magically go from hard peanuts to a creamy paste in one minute! The stages include: crushed, crushed into what looks like brown sugar, to a thick paste, then to a "ball", and finally creamy.
- Process until you feel the peanut butter is at a consistency you desire. (NOTE: The peanut butter will be runny-like, but it's only from the heat the food processor motor produced from being on full power)
- That's it, folks!
You can store this peanut butter at room temperature, or in the refrigerator. It will keep for many weeks. I put the jar of peanut butter into the fridge immediately after it pouring into my mason jar just to thicken it up a bit.
There are MANY variations, seasonings, spices, or flavorings you can add in do to make this your own. Some ideas you could try are:
- Cinnamon, brown sugar, chocolate/white/butterscotch/peanut butter chips (any baking chips really, but I would pulse this in your food processor before incorporating), pumpkin/apple pie spice, dried fruit, ect. The possibilities truly are endless.
And remember, peanut butter is love. Peanut butter is life.